I saw the Drop Box film last night. This movie, this chapter 3 have a similar thread running through them. Jesus changes everything and makes us live radically different lives. Mary was radically changed and grappled with what was going on with the empty tomb. The culture, her life experiences, satan, all had to be screaming at her that she was alone and had everything to doubt and fear. Yet, Jesus showed up to her. He showed up to Isabella. Before Jesus, both women had hopeless tragic lives. But, He came and saved them; new life and hope. "See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god besides me....I wound and I heal" Deut. 32:39. What beautiful and personal love to come to them and reassure them. Mary and Isabella had a story to share. They saw the cost and personally understood it. I am so thankful for these women and their stories of redemption; it gives me perspective. Perspective for gratitude, boldness, and even joy in the slave set free; which we all spiritually once were. But, I can focus on my own failings, worldly standards, listen to the deceitfulness of my heart; rather than looking to the resurrected Jesus. It's so ridiculously stupid that I would do such a thing. I am His and He is mine!
Dear Lord Jesus, help us all to see how free we are in you and be glad in all that comes our way.
Praying for us all,
Kristi
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.