The Emmaus Road, for me, changes during our lifetime, doesn't it? I was visiting with a friend and we talked about pushing out of our comfort zone to find purpose in our christian walk, to feel like we're "doing" what God would have us do, redeeming the time, and yet resting in where we are. These two men on the Emmaus road had little information, but I have the whole book, and yet grapple!! As Jo said, "We live as if our greatest hope, and truest love somehow died, left us alone to fend for ourselves and doubt overtake us." WoW! How often do I fret over things? Yet, I am in His hands and He is faithful to answer and direct my steps. And I am a nobody like these two walking down the road!! So, I would say that I am on a new part of the Emmaus Road. There was a season where life was more clearly defined, as for my time and role. But, as my children become more independent, it has brought more reflection. This is a good thing and Jesus is calling me deeper, and more dependent on Him. There's plenty to address here and I don't want to be a "naval watcher" but I do long to live a way that is glorifying to Him, because He is the good news. I am praying for a seeing heart and eyes to see the opportunities He gives me and live it well. And especially within my own walls and then outward.
Praying for us all,
Kristi
It's a long, but worthwhile Road!
ReplyDeleteA couple of things always jump out to me in this story. First, Christ kept them from seeing who he was. (In the beginning) He is souverign and in charge. So, why don't I seem to camp on that in lieu of manipulating and worrying ? When I choose to lay my burdens down and trust life is much simpler. The other point is that they desired him to continue on and stay and fellowship with them. I tend to fight this one often due to busyness or perhaps laziness. "Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you". It's so simple but yet so challenging to stop and simply trust. But Praise God that like the two on the road..He chose me and is walking along side ever when I forget He is there!