Friday, April 10, 2015

The persecution of the church continues across the globe today.  We see it in the news, every day.  The evil expressed in destruction, violence, and killings.  I read this chapter and am reminded, that it has always been because it is a spiritual battle.  And, what differentiates the christian is love.  That Jesus came to us to save us and equip us to live out and spread this love; the good news.  The daily news can feel so daunting, can't it? Whether it be in our own relationships, jobs, communities; life can distort our vision of Jesus.  This was a wonderful culminating chapter to the book.  It spurs us on to see clearly that the good news is for all whom God calls.  My life can become comfortable but that's not satisfying because I'm His and He has more for me...it's in my DNA since salvation.  I thank Him that He gave us these imperfect disciples in the Bible showing us their imperfect faithfulness and His perfect love and faithfulness to them and to us.

I pray that I will live radically for Jesus name, for the sharing of the good news.  Yikes, I'm not sure what that will look like!  Please pray for me:)

This ends the reading of A Desperate Faith, and I hope it was time well spent for everyone.  I personally needed the accountability to "read a book" and I appreciated and was encouraged by the postings you put up!  

There has been some interest in continuing this site with a new read.  So,  I would really appreciate your feedback!  Please gmail me at kristikadlecek@gmail.com or comment on this post your feedback in regards to this blog.  Did you enjoy/like the format?  What could be done better or to encourage more involvement?  Would you be interested in doing this again?  

..."what indeed would our lives-and our world-look like if we heard and believed the living voice of the man who was born to be King?"(p. 171)

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.