Wednesday, February 18, 2015

This morning I woke to thoughts of Jesus and his earthly death.  As a Mother, I have often thought of Mary as she watched her son on that crucifixion day with a heart that was breaking,. Then my mind skipped to the relief to her and others when he said" It is finished" and Christ's suffering was over.  Until reading Jo's first chapter of "A Desperate Faith" I had never given much thought to what happened to his followers except for his 11 disciples after that day. What shock, total devastation and despair they must ALL have felt!  But God's perfect plan had Christ's return to be with all followers for 40 days.  What a time of EXCITEMENT, HOPE AND JOY this must have been! As he walked, talked and cooked for them (I like that) their faith increase daily. After he left they had the promise of everlasting life with our Heavenly Father.  We Christians can have this EXCITEMENT, HOPE AND JOY for Christ every day if we choose because we are truly blessed to know "the rest of the story".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.