Saturday, February 28, 2015

Chapter Two:  Unlikely Witnesses
Oh, how I loved the story of Arthur and his ministry!  How God used a down trodden drunk as his ambassador to share His wonderful story of eternity for all.  Here was a man that didn't say a word and yet all of Sydney was impacted in some way by what he did for the kingdom.  This begs me to ask what I am doing to further God's kingdom?  I have been pondering Question #5 for two days and still don't have a clear answer.  At my age I should have a VERY clear answer to my life's purpose.  I do know I am much more a "Martha" than a "Mary" and what did Jesus say to Martha! God used women in so many ways as we see in this chapter.  What if the women who went to the tomb had never told another person about what they saw and heard?  Afraid of being laughed at and not believed what would I have done?  Wait!  A better question to ask myself is "what do I do now with great joy to let others know about ETERNITY?

1 comment:

  1. I loved that story, too! And I still don't have a "word" that captures my life purpose, either. I like Kristi's "dependent," and of course "eternity." I agree that a good question is what are we doing "with great joy" to let others know about eternity. Even if it's simple, in a humble way (like Arthur), the joy is important. Thanks for your insights!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.