Unlikely Witnesses
This is a great chapter title. It's a fall-back for me when the impossible rears its head...that God uses the unlikely and makes it possible. It's -14 with the windchill this morning, schools are closed, and all is snow and ice covered. BUT, the sky is blue and the sun is shining. The reminding hope despite the unwelcoming. My heart has seemed a bit unreachable, my head foggy, and I often attribute much of this on menopause:) You know what I am talking about!
The Arthur Stace story and the women at the tomb made me think of the obedience and power of one. The power of one; one God, one Savior, uses one person. So much of life whispers what I do isn't enough; even though it matters with Christ. These people quietly did what only they were given to do. It matters even though I don't sometimes see immediate outcomes or the ramifications if I don't.
My one word I would use to capture my own life's purpose, today anyway, would be "dependent". Often I pick up things like worry, fear, disappointment, rather than pick up Jesus and His word. It's very self-focusing which I despise at the same time that I do it! So, God, in His very loving and merciful way redirects me and shows me my need.
I am very thankful we are working through this book. My devotional time often consists of daily Bible time with my homeschoolers but this is a set-a-part time of dependence that I so desperately need; A Desperate Faith indeed.
Praying for us all,
Kristi
The self-focused thing...yes. Blech! But I try to be grateful that I can recognize that in myself now and so that I realize again my need for a Savior to overcome my weakness. And pray for the Spirit's help to overcome and do "the next thing" despite my constant need to serve myself.
ReplyDeleteKristi, thank you for the reminder about the "power of one" - that in Christ, as we depend on HIS power, we have eternal impact.
ReplyDelete