Michele BonfertMarch 14, 2015 at 5:34 AM. Reposted..accidentally posted under Kristi's in comments..not very good at this blog stuff!!
It's a long, but worthwhile Road!
A couple of things always jump out to me in this story. First, Christ kept them from seeing who he was. (In the beginning) He is souverign and in charge. So, why don't I seem to camp on that in lieu of manipulating and worrying ? When I choose to lay my burdens down and trust life is much simpler. The other point is that they desired him to continue on and stay and fellowship with them. I tend to fight this one often due to busyness or perhaps laziness. "Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you". It's so simple but yet so challenging to stop and simply trust. But Praise God that like the two on the road..He chose me and is walking along side even when I forget He is there!
ReplyDelete
A couple of things always jump out to me in this story. First, Christ kept them from seeing who he was. (In the beginning) He is souverign and in charge. So, why don't I seem to camp on that in lieu of manipulating and worrying ? When I choose to lay my burdens down and trust life is much simpler. The other point is that they desired him to continue on and stay and fellowship with them. I tend to fight this one often due to busyness or perhaps laziness. "Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you". It's so simple but yet so challenging to stop and simply trust. But Praise God that like the two on the road..He chose me and is walking along side even when I forget He is there!