A chance to share your reflections on the Resurrection stories and grow together, hosted by Kristi Kadlecek
Saturday, March 14, 2015
Where is my Focus?
Bob and I have our home on the market to sell and move back to Iowa. With the anticipation of moving comes keeping the house in order for interested buyers. This morning as I was dusting in our bedroom I picked up a plaque that was sitting on the table. My sister-in-law gave it to me many years ago. If you just glance at it you see nothing but lines and spaces on a piece of molded cement. When I am in a hurry and not stopping to focus on this plaque I see just that. But when I stop and concentrate I see the word "JESUS". Stopping what I was so intent on getting done and focusing on JESUS brought Him into clear sight. At those times of not seeing Jesus I am totally involved with myself and my plans for the day. Mary knew who called her name because she was totally focused on Him. The disciples, on the other hand, may have been more afraid of what was going to happen to them and lost their main focus, Jesus. I decided today to move my plaque from the bedroom to the
kitchen window sill. May it be a reminder every morning of who He is and what He has done for me
as I see his name and not just lines and spaces. I pray that my focus will always be on Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.