For Our Sake
I guess I've always thought that if it had been ME rather than Thomas, I would have believed:)
It's funny how it's easier to see others situations more clearly than our own sometimes. But, although I have the word of God to read, it's my life lived and my thoughts that reveal what I believe to be true.
What stood out, among much, was on page 125, where Jo writes, "he still stands among us and says, "Peace be with you", breaking through the locked areas of our unbelief, the stubbornness of our individuality and self-assurance, and meets us with a grace far greater than all the doubts and cynicism and betrayal we've ever experienced combined. And, that He does this for our sake and invites us to believe". So, in any challenge I'm facing right now; God is not outside of it. He is showing up and is in it giving the grace needed, the strength to believe and rest in Him with confidence that He's working out His purpose. Just as He stood with Thomas; He stands with me and gently pulls me up, through, and out, and to Himself.
Praying for us all,
Kristi
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.