Sensory Appeal. It's Sunday morning(I'm home from church with a sick boy), and I'm writing on this past week's chapter. So, it's a timely chapter; Sensory Appeal. After reading this I'm thinking that I often walk around blindfolded, ears covered, hands in busywork, mouth moving, and my nose disjointed; all the senses turned away from the sensing of the Holy Spirit. I become circumstance/feeling driven rather than "taking hold of that which is truly life". How does this happen? How do I get distracted from seeing Him, listening to/for Him, hands lifted, mouth praying/praising, and breathing in His sweetness? I don't want to get into a works=the answer. But, as Jo pointed out from 1Tim 6:19. ( I'm including the previous verse as well) They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that may TAKE HOLD of that which is truly life. Maybe it's just the continual reminder that the distractions aren't my sustainer. God has given me Godly friendships, many of you involved in this blog. But, the community of believers, for Jim and I to be part of, in our community has not happened. We've not been able to attend church in our community. This one has always baffled me, because I think it is biblical as pointed out in this chapter. Living out the one another's is an important part of our living as christian's in this world.
Please pray I'll take heed to feed my senses well this week. I am not discouraged, because just as He opened their eyes, appeared to them, and called them; He too is calling me to Himself!
Thankful for you and praying,
Kristi
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.