Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Thomas the Doubter! 

Boy can I relate to him!! Growing up my parents always compared me to the Winnie the Pooh character Eeyore ... Kind of the downer of the group.  I've worked hard (with Christ's strength ) trying to change that flaw in my personality. But it's easy for me to be the negative,  sulker one of the group. Seems very natural for me. 

When I think of Thomas, that doubter, I can relate.  He spent intimate time with Christ but when it came time for his faith to kick into action he wanted proof.  Frankly, my belief in Christ is solid, absolutely no doubts!!! But I have to ask myself..why then can't I simply leave things that are out of my control rest firmly in His hands?? In lieu of fretting and worrying, why not simply trust and allow my faith to carry me? 

Prior to reading this week's chapter I've never really thought much of "Thomas the faithful disciple" only "Thomas the Doubter".  So, although he was slow in believing the fact is he was on fire for Christ!  This is my goal ... To be on fire for Him!! 

So we press on probably still doubting from time to time but facts are Christ is faithful always and forever!  That frankly is enough! 

Blessings & faithfulness --
Michele 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! It's encouraging to see other's faith strengthened; it's a good reminder of His constant faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.